Web-based resources for teachers and students. All are available by searching the website. We’ve divided them into convenient headings, but you may find some resources in multiple places.
- Lesson Plans
- More than 3,000 lesson plans, published by LEARN NC and provided by partner organizations, all aligned to the North Carolina Standard Course of Study.
- Best Practices
- Articles and tutorials to help you improve your teaching.
- Learning Materials
- Resources to enhance your lessons and for students to use independently, including both text and multimedia.
- Definitions of and additional resources on more than 200 key terms and concepts in K–12 education.
- Field Trips (Discover NC)
- A directory of more than 400 field trip opportunities in North Carolina, with maps, photos, and related lesson plans and curriculum materials.
- Photos, maps, art, audio recordings, and video for classroom instruction and professional development.
- Best of the Web
- Annotated links to more than 4,000 educational websites. You can search or browse by subject.
- NC Standard Course of Study & Aligned Resources
- LEARN NC provides the full text of the North Carolina Standard Course of Study. All of our published and catalogued lesson plans are aligned to the state curriculum, and you can find them here. Start by selecting a curriculum area and grade level, then browse by goal and objective.
LEARN NC offers a variety of online courses for teacher professional development in content areas, on general topics, and through our Carolina Online Teacher (COLT) program.
- Open for Enrollment
- Courses enrolling currently. Check listings of individual courses for details, fees, and deadlines.
- Course Catalog
- Listings of all courses in our catalog, including those available to be taught if funding for an instructor is provided.
My LEARN NC
We’re developing tools you can use to personalize your experience with LEARN NC, share ideas, and more easily target the resources and professional development you need. As they’re ready for use, you’ll find them here.
- Email Updates
- LEARN NC sends out monthly program updates via email, as well as occasional announcements of important initiatives and special opportunities for teachers. Go here to sign up.
About LEARN NC
Using the LEARN NC website
- A form to search the LEARN NC website is provided at the top of every page, and the link at the bottom will take you to our advanced search form.
- Search or browse help topics on using the LEARN NC website, taking and teaching online courses, and submitting content for publication.
- Contact us
- Contact LEARN NC staff via this website.
Special and hosted resources
Some resources produced by LEARN NC or hosted by us you won’t be able to find through a search.
- A daily look at what’s new in classroom technology — and new ways of using old technology — from LEARN NC staff.
- News, information, and resources from DPI consultants, including frequently-requested resources such as the Week by Week Essentials for math.
- North Carolina Professional Development Directory
- Hosted by LEARN NC, this directory provides you with quick information about nearly two hundred providers of professional development to North Carolina school personnel.