3 The second semester
The stage was set during first semester. Now, later in the school year, how do you improve the performance? And what unexpected moments might this part of the year bring? Part three offers more insights into classroom management and instruction and gives you advance notice of what you might expect during official (and unofficial) second semester holidays.
- 3.1Welcome back!
- 3.2Snow days
- 3.3The thirty-second system for managing tardies and misdirected attention
- 3.4Who's holding the pencil? And did anybody learn?
- 3.5Valentine's Day: Love it? Or love it not?
- 3.6Balancing order and learning in classroom discussions
- 3.7Our students: Not just ours, and not just students
- 3.8Finding an emotional outlet you can get into
- 3.9March Madness and relationship-building
- 3.10I know who they are, but who am I?