Food for Thought Nutrition Curriculum
The Food for Thought nutrition curriculum for kindergarten through fifth grades was created by the Nutrition Services Branch of the North Carolina Division of Public Health to help educators teach the nutrition objectives of the Healthful Living Standard Course of Study while integrating healthy eating and physical activity into math and English language arts. Through effective nutrition education, students can be motivated to adopt healthful dietary patterns and healthy lifestyles.
Each lesson in the Food for Thought nutrition curriculum includes:
- Healthful living objectives.
- Teacher background information for lesson preparation.
- A list of all the necessary materials for the lesson.
- Handouts for students in PDF format.
- Activities designed to get students focused on the topic to be covered in the lesson.
For more information about the Food for Thought nutrition curriculum and additional nutrition lesson plans and educational resources, please visit the Nutrition Services Branch of the North Carolina Division of Public Health website.
- Next: Kindergarten lessons