North Carolina Health Careers Access Program
Professional development offerings
NC-HCAP provides opportunities for teachers to participate in workshops whereby, they are exposed to topics on health disparities, under representation of minority and disadvantaged youth in the health professions.
- Classes typically vary in the number of persons served per session.
- Content may be aligned with North Carolina standards for professional development and is tailored to the needs of the individual student. Offerings are based on theory, classroom strategies and subject matter content.
- Sessions offered are a combination of seminar, lecture and processing activities with time to process the learning experience with other participants.
- Follow-up activities include a required evaluation and an in person session of the professional development session.
- Materials are included in the cost of the workshops.