EPA High School Environmental Center
The EPA High School Environmental Center is a resource page from the Environmental Protection Agency that provides a great deal of useful information for high school students studying or wishing to learn more about the environment and what they can do to help protect it.This website includes seven major sections.
- Air: Includes information about acid rain, air pollution, climate change, global warming, ozone, and UV radiation.
- Waste and Recycling: Includes information about hazardous waste, recycling, solid waste, and superfund.
- Water: Includes information about drinking water, waste water, ground water, water pollution, and oil spills.
- Conservation: Includes information about endangered species, energy conservation, soil conservation, and water conservation.
- Ecosystems: Includes information about coral reefs, ecological indicators, forests, habitats, watersheds, and wetlands.
- Health and Safety: Includes information about asthma, lead, mercury, pesticides, radon, and sun safety.
- Your Neighborhood: Includes local data, maps, and community issues.
Additionally, students can find information about scholarships, careers, and internships. There is also an environmental dictionary and a section about environmental laws.