Cultural characteristics influence a region's character
A lesson plan for grades 9 and 11–12 Social Studies
In this lesson, students will analyze demographic data and explore relationships between several cultural characteristics of nations.
Social Studies (2003)
Grade 11–12 — Sociology
- Goal 2: The learner will demonstrate an understanding of the nature of culture and the role it plays for the individual and for society.
- Objective 2.02: Compare and contrast various cultures of the world.
- Goal 6: Patterns of Social Order - The learner will investigate social and economic organization in various societies throughout time in order to understand the shifts in power and status that have occurred.
- Objective 6.06: Trace the development of internal conflicts due to differences in religion, race, culture, and group loyalties in various areas of the world.
- Goal 8: Patterns of History - The learner will assess the influence of ideals, values, beliefs, and traditions on current global events and issues.