About this illustration
- Research Laboratories of Archaeology
- Date created
See this illustration in context
- Prehistory, contact, and the Lost Colony: First part of a North Carolina history text for secondary students, covering the land, American Indians before contact with Europeans, Spanish exploration, the Roanoke colony, and the Columbian Exchange. (Page 2.1)
- Intrigue of the Past: Lesson plans and essays for teachers and students explore North Carolina's past before European contact. Designed for grades four through eight, the web edition of this book covers fundamental concepts, processes, and issues of archaeology, and describes the peoples and cultures of the Paleoindian, Archaic, Woodland, and Mississippian periods. (Page 3.2)
- The pathfinders: An essay covering the pathfinders of the Paleoindian Period. Learn about the trek across Beringia and the lifeways of these early American Indians.
In the classroom
- See our collection of articles on visual literacy for ideas on using photographs meaningfully in the classroom.