1677 treaty between Virgina and Indians
About this photograph
Printed in London, 1677.
- Date created
- This work is believed to be in the public domain. Users are advised to make their own copyright assessment and to understand their rights to fair use.
- Original image housed by Library of Congress
See this photograph in context
- Prehistory, contact, and the Lost Colony: First part of a North Carolina history text for secondary students, covering the land, American Indians before contact with Europeans, Spanish exploration, the Roanoke colony, and the Columbian Exchange. (Page 2.9)
- We have a story to tell: Native peoples of the Chesapeake region: Readings and lesson plans exploring the historical and ongoing challenges faced by the American Indians of the Chesapeake Bay region, since the time of their first contact with Europeans in the early 1600s. (Page 2.2)
- Teaching about North Carolina American Indians: This web edition is drawn from a teachers institute curriculum enrichment project on North Carolina American Indian Studies conducted by the North Carolina Humanities Council. Resources include best practices for teaching about American Indians, suggestions for curriculum integration, webliographies, and lesson plans about North Carolina American Indians. (Page 8.3)
In the classroom
- See our collection of articles on visual literacy for ideas on using photographs meaningfully in the classroom.