Map of Rutherford's Trace, 1776
About this map
Map by Mark A. Moore, Research Branch, North Carolina Office of Archives & History. Based on research by Charles Miller, Waynesville, North Carolina. From brochure Rutherford Expedition, 1776 produced by the North Carolina Office of Archives and History and the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians.
- North Carolina Department of Cultural Resources / Office of Archives and History
- Date created
- North Carolina
- This map copyright ©2007. All Rights Reserved
See this map in context
- Revolutionary North Carolina: Primary sources and readings explore North Carolina in the era of the American Revolution. Topics include the Regulators, the resistance to Great Britain, the War for Indpendence, and the creation of new governments. (Page 4.3)
- Search LEARN NC for American Indians, American Revolution, Cherokee Indians, maps, North Carolina, Rutherford Expedition, and Rutherford's Trace.
In the classroom
- See our collection of articles on visual literacy for ideas on using photographs meaningfully in the classroom.