The Burgwin-Wright House in Wilmington, NC
This is the Burgwin-Wright House in Wilmington, North Carolina. Built upon the foundation of the old jail, the Burgwin-Wright House was built in 1770 by John Burgwin, a planter, merchant, and treasurer of the colony of Carolina. It was occupied by Lord Cornwallis shortly before his defeat at Yorktown. In 1799, the house was purchased by Joshua Grainger Wright. It remained occupied until 1937 when it was purchased by the National Society of The Colonial Dames of America in the state of North Carolina. Now, having been restored, it is the oldest museum house in Southeastern North Carolina. It is surrounded by gardens.