LEARN NC provides the text of these curriculum standards as a service to teachers and as a means of linking to aligned resources for instruction. We are not responsible for curriculum development. For questions, comments, and information about the current curriculum and about curriculum reform efforts, please contact the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction.
The North Carolina Standard Course of Study
The North Carolina Standard Course of Study now consists of the Common Core State Standards and the North Carolina Essential Standards. All of these standards are linked on this page.
- Common Core State Standards
- North Carolina Essential Standards
- Previous North Carolina Standard Course of Study
Common Core State Standards
- English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
- Mathematics Common Core State Standards
- Mathematics Common Core resources This guide provides resources for elementary school teachers, administrators, and parents to help them understand the content and intent of the standards, their impact on teaching and learning, and how students will be assessed on these standards.
North Carolina Essential Standards
- Dance Arts Education Essential Standards
- Guidance Essential Standards
- Healthful Living and Physical Education Essential Standards
- Information and Technology Skills Essential Standards
- Music Education Essential Standards
- Science Essential Standards
- Social Studies Essential Standards
- Theatre Arts Education Essential Standards
- World Languages Essential Standards
- Visual Arts Education Essential Standards