This is my 31st year as a second grade teacher at Harmony Elementary School in the Iredell-Statesville School System. I previously taught 2nd grade in GA and FL. I received my BS degree in Elementary Education from LaGrange College in LaGrange, GA and my MS degree from Gardner Webb College.
Resources created by Margaret Monds
- An integrated lesson comparing the butterfly and frog life cycles
- Students will build on their prior knowledge about the butterfly life cycle to compare and contrast the life cycles of butterflies and frogs. Students will locate butterflies on the school grounds and create pictographs and models of fractions to explain their findings mathematically. Students will also use a variety of resources to read about and study the food, space and air needed by butterflies and frogs to grow. They will create visual and written products to demonstrate their findings.
- Format: lesson plan (grade 2 Mathematics and Science)
- By Martha Dobson and Margaret Monds.
- The migration of the monarch butterfly
- The students will listen to and discuss books about butterflies and the migration of monarch butterflies to Mexico in order to integrate science, social studies, and language arts.
- Format: lesson plan (grade 2 English Language Development, Science, and Social Studies)
- By Martha H. Dobson and Margaret Monds.