My name is Elizabeth Gibson. I work at Shepherd Elementary School in Mooresville, NC. I’ve taught for 18 years, first in the classroom and the last 12 years in the library. I have a BS from Winthrop College and a Masters in Library Science from UNC-G.
Resources created by Elizabeth Gibson
- Dear Peter Rabbit
- Students will identify formal language and sentence structures in friendly letters. They will use similar formal language and style to create friendly letters to other story book characters.
- Format: lesson plan (grade 3–4 English Language Arts and Information Skills)
- By Caroline Annas, Elizabeth Gibson, and Stephanie Johnson.
- Recipe for Success
- Students will use an electronic card catalog to find books by subject using the call number. This lesson was used in collaboration with a third grade thanksgiving unit. As part of the unit students were to find a recipe to prepare and bring to class.
- Format: lesson plan (grade 2–3 Information Skills)
- By Elizabeth Gibson and Melissa Withers.