An agreement between a teacher and a student regarding how that student will achieve specified learning goals or objectives.
Learning contracts can cover a variety of items, including:
- Identifying the learning goal or objective.
- How the student will meet the objective.
- Schedule for completing the objective.
- How student will assess his or her own learning.
- How teacher will assess the student’s learning.
The learning contract is not meant to be “etched in stone,” but open for revision to meet the needs of the student.
Examples and resources
The Teaching and Learning website provides information on learning contracts and includes a sample contract form.