Classroom » Curriculum Standards
Information Skills — Grade 7
Goal 4: The learner will EXPLORE and USE research processes to meet information needs.
Objective 4.02. Describe several research models.
Additional related resources
We’re in the process of aligning our content for students to the Standard Course of Study. As we do, you’ll find it here.
- Find additional resources for teaching Information Skills — Grade 7.
Aligned lesson plans
- Interdisciplinary Integrated Unit on DNA/Genetics Part C: Language Arts
- The third lesson of an interdisciplinary integrated unit on DNA and genetics, focusing on language arts. The first two lessons in the unit focus on science and math.
- Format: lesson plan (grade 7 English Language Arts and Information Skills)
- By Jane Lentz, Jimmy White, Marlene Smith, and Tori Goldrick.
- I, the basket: Writing a first-person story as an inanimate object
- In this interdisciplinary lesson for grade seven, students explore the first-person point of view through children's literature and images of Nepal. Students exhibit their understanding of first-person narrative by writing a children's story from the perspective of an inanimate object.
- Format: lesson plan (grade 6–7 English Language Arts, Information Skills, and Social Studies)
- By Edie McDowell.
LEARN NC, a program of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Education, finds the most innovative and successful practices in K–12 education and makes them available to the teachers and students of North Carolina — and the world.
For more great resources for K–12 teaching and learning, visit us on the web at www.learnnc.org.