Classroom » Curriculum Standards
Computer Technology Skills — Grade 2
Goal 2: The learner will demonstrate knowledge and skills in the use of computer and other technologies.
Objective 2.09. Identify and use multimedia tools to combine text and graphics as a class/group assignment. Strand - Multimedia/Presentation
Additional related resources
We’re in the process of aligning our content for students to the Standard Course of Study. As we do, you’ll find it here.
- Find additional resources for teaching Computer Technology Skills — Grade 2.
Aligned lesson plans
- Students will read Tarantula by Jenny Feely. Then they will summarize what they have learned about tarantulas by writing descriptive words or phrases on a graphic organizer. Finally, using the Kid Pix Studio Deluxe (or other similar drawing program), students will write sentences about tarantulas and make an illustration.
- Format: lesson plan (grade 1–2 Computer/Technology Skills and English Language Arts)
- By Jody Shaughnessy.
- Nephelococcygia - Cloud watching
- As part of the 2nd grade science objectives dealing with weather, students will learn the various types of clouds as well as the term and the act of nephelococcygia -- cloud watching.
- Format: lesson plan (grade 2 Computer/Technology Skills and Science)
- By Kelley James.
- Hello, friend!: Writing a friendly letter
- Students will apply their knowledge of a friendly letter to compose a letter to send to their pen pals. Students will then type up their letters using the Kidspiration program.
- Format: lesson plan (grade 2 Computer/Technology Skills and English Language Arts)
- By Kelly Norton.
- Butterfly cycle
- Students will understand the life cycle of the butterfly and create various art activities that would model metamorphosis.
- Format: lesson plan (grade 1–2 Visual Arts Education, English Language Arts, and Science)
- By Becky Woolard.
- The Red-eyed Tree Frog and PowerPoint
- Students will read The Red-eyed Tree Frog by Joy Cowley then plan and put together a PowerPoint slideshow which retells the story.
- Format: lesson plan (grade 2 Computer/Technology Skills, English Language Arts, Information Skills, and Science)
- By Jody Shaughnessy.
LEARN NC, a program of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Education, finds the most innovative and successful practices in K–12 education and makes them available to the teachers and students of North Carolina — and the world.
For more great resources for K–12 teaching and learning, visit us on the web at www.learnnc.org.