Browse learning materials
Results for meteorology » Hurricane Floyd
- Hurricane Floyd's lasting legacy
- In Recent North Carolina, page 5.2
- Article from NASA explains why Hurricane Floyd became such a costly and deadly storm.
- Format: article
- Hurricanes on sandy shorelines: Lessons for development
- A Carolina Environmental Diversity Explorations “virtual field trip” that examines the sand sharing system of sedimentary coastlines and the impact of hurricanes on those coastlines and on human development.
- Format: slideshow (multiple pages)
- Recent North Carolina
- Primary sources and readings explore recent North Carolina (1975–present). Topics include politics, the economy, the environment, natural disasters, and increasing diversity.
- Format: book (multiple pages)