Results for Battleship North Carolina
- Battleship North Carolina
- Uses a variety of formats including oral histories, video footage, and zoomable images to cover the history of the USS North Carolina and other naval vessels afloat during WWII.
- Format: article/field trip opportunity
- Battleship North Carolina in Wilmington, North Carolina
- This is the USS North Carolina in Wilmington, North Carolina.
- Format: image/photograph
- The USS North Carolina
- In The Great Depression and World War II, page 5.4
- Story of the USS North Carolina and its participation in World War II.
- Format: article
- You sank my battleship
- Students will learn how to plot ordered pairs using the coordinate plane and determine in which quadrant these ordered pairs lie. Students will show mastery of plotting ordered pairs by playing Battleship. Modifications have been added for Intermediate Low English Language Learners.
- Format: lesson plan (grade 3–5 and 9–12 English Language Development and Mathematics)
- By Theadore Taylor and Justine Busto.
- Selling North Carolina, one image at a time
- In Postwar North Carolina, page 2.9
- By selling tourists the image of a state ready to entertain, enthrall, and serve, North Carolina public and private tourism promoters like Hugh Morton established the industry as one the state’s most important.
- Format: essay
- By Richard Starnes.
Resources on the web
- North Carolina's Kids Page
- Activities, facts, games, and virtual field trips ... learn more about North Carolina and have fun! (Learn more)
- Format: website/activity
- Provided by: North Carolina State Government