Results for Carolina star-moss
- Spray zone community
- In Jocassee Gorges: Temperate rain forests of the Blue Ridge, page 15
- On the sides of the waterfall the spray community becomes more diverse than the algae that grows at the bottom. These communities are perpetually wet but are less exposed to the destructive torrents that crash down the falls in periods of extreme high water....
- By Dirk Frankenberg and Stephanie Walters.
- Jocassee Gorges: Temperate rain forests of the Blue Ridge
- A Carolina Environmental Diversity Explorations “virtual field trip” that explores the geology and botanical diversity of the Jocassee Gorges region of North Carolina's mountains.
- Format: slideshow (multiple pages)
- Gorges State Park
- A new state park, Gorges State Park is in the interim stages of development. Although the facilities are limited, Park Rangers offer programs by request.
- Format: article/field trip opportunity