Results for Freight Elevator
- A technological tour of the Biltmore Estate
- This tour of “America's Castle” explains the technological features George Vanderbilt incorporated into his turn-of-the-century home.
- Format: series (multiple pages)
- Technological inspirations for Biltmore House
- In A technological tour of the Biltmore Estate, page 2
- Architect Richard Morris Hunt and George Vanderbilt first met in 1885, when Vanderbilt was just twenty-two years old. These first meetings between George Vanderbilt and Hunt to complete work in the Vanderbilt family mausoleum began an association that would...