Results for Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery
- World War I Memorials
- In this online course we study America's efforts to memorialize and mourn over 116,000 men and women who lost their lives while serving their country during World War I. We analyze local war memorials in cities and counties throughout America; then we turn to the design and function of military memorials that were erected on-site, at battlefields and cemeteries, in France and Belgium along the western front. By the end of the course you will understand the social and political context of commemoration and the role that physical memorials play in America's efforts to remember World War 1.
- Format: article/online course
- Bringing the Great War Home: Teaching with the Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery
- In this series of enhanced digital textbooks, ten educators share how they used the Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery to teach students about World War I.
- Transatlantic Teacher Scholars – American Battle Monuments Commission
- LEARN NC was recently awarded a contract by the American Battle Monuments Commission to build an interactive teaching companion to the Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery in Verdun, France. This team will explore ways to unlock the narrative stories and trends...