Results for Virginia Tech
- Bringing the Great War Home: Teaching with the Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery
- In this series of enhanced digital textbooks, ten educators share how they used the Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery to teach students about World War I.
- Blue Ridge Parkway communities: Before the Parkway
- In Driving through time: The digital Blue Ridge Parkway, page 2.5
- This is the fifth lesson in the Competing Routes unit. It is part of a series of three lessons intended to help students think critically about the effects of the Blue Ridge Parkway on the environment, economy, and lifestyle of its surrounding communities. This lesson focuses on Blue Ridge Parkway communities before the arrival of the Parkway.
- Format: lesson plan
- By Katy Vance.
- Time travelers: Using ChronoZoom to teach historical understanding
- LEARN NC was recently awarded a contract by Microsoft Research to build an interactive teaching companion to their new online tool called ChronoZoom. As a visualization tool, ChronoZoom allows students to see big history—that...
- Transatlantic Teacher Scholars – American Battle Monuments Commission
- LEARN NC was recently awarded a contract by the American Battle Monuments Commission to build an interactive teaching companion to the Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery in Verdun, France. This team will explore ways to unlock the narrative stories and trends...
- Microsoft Office Mix
- Microsoft Office Mix is an add-on for Powerpoint that allows teachers and students to create interactive multimedia presentations featuring audio, video, slides, inking on slides, interactive activities, and interactive assessments.