Results for dysgraphia
- Reaching every learner: Differentiating instruction in theory and practice
- This series of articles, which balance theory, research, and practice, address a variety of topics within differentiation through text, graphics, and video.
- Format: series (multiple pages)
- Changing the focus from label to need
- Labeling a student's disability is an important step in procuring special education services for that student. But is there a downside to labeling students? This article looks at four commonly held — but ultimately misleading — beliefs about labels in special education, and advocates for focusing on needs rather than labels.
- Format: article
- By Jennifer Job.
- iReach all learners with iPads: How to utilize the iPad to meet the needs of LD students
- This online professional development course helps teachers develop iPad skills that help empower students with learning disabilities in the classroom.
- Format: article/online course
- Inclusion in the 21st-century classroom: Differentiating with technology
- In Reaching every learner: Differentiating instruction in theory and practice, page 7
- While most teachers recognize the need to differentiate instruction, many face barriers in implementation. These barriers include lack of time to prepare lessons, the need to cover a wide range of content in a small amount of time, and extensive classroom management needs. This article advocates for using technology as a means to overcome some of these barriers.
- Format: article/best practice
- By Bobby Hobgood, Ed.D. and Lauren Ormsby.
- Microsoft Office Mix
- Microsoft Office Mix is an add-on for Powerpoint that allows teachers and students to create interactive multimedia presentations featuring audio, video, slides, inking on slides, interactive activities, and interactive assessments.