Results for flappers
- The "flapper"
- In North Carolina in the early 20th century, page 6.11
- Contemporary description of the "flapper" and the changes in American culture in the 1920s. Includes historical background and commentary.
- Format: magazine/primary source
- Commentary and sidebar notes by L. Maren Wood.
- North Carolina in the early 20th century
- Primary sources and readings explore North Carolina in the first decades of the twentieth century (1900–1929). Topics include changes in technology and transportation, Progressive Era reforms, World War I, women's suffrage, Jim Crow and African American life, the cultural changes of the 1920s, labor and labor unrest, and the Gastonia stirke of 1929.
- Format: book (multiple pages)