Results for roller mill
- Grimes Mill
- Located at 600 North Church Street in Salisbury, this is the only roller mill museum in North Carolina.
- Format: article/field trip opportunity
- North Carolina in the New South
- Primary sources and readings explore North Carolina in the decades after the Civil War (1870–1900). Topics include changes in agriculture, the growth of cities and industry, the experiences of farmers and mill workers, education, cultural changes, politics and political activism, and the Wilmington Race Riot.
- Format: book (multiple pages)
- Small-town businesses, 1903
- In North Carolina in the New South, page 2.10
- In North Carolina History: A Sampler, page 9.5
- Excerpts from The North Carolina Year Book and Business Directory, 1903, for the towns of Jefferson and Washington. Includes historical commentary.
- Format: book/primary source
- Commentary and sidebar notes by L. Maren Wood.